We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fruitful Results



The Papaya



I don't usually buy papayas or mangos unless im making fruit salsa. I decided to do some research on our tropical friend and it turns out the Papaya is my new favorite diet-fruit(oranges come in a close 2nd place).

1cup fruit Papaya Mango Apple Peach Nectarine Banana Orange
Calories 55 107 65 60 63 134 81
Carbs 14 28 17 15 15 34 21
Fiber 3 3 3 2 2 4 4
Sugar 8 24 13 13 11 18 14
Protein 1 1 0 1 2 2 2































numbers based on info from www.my-calorie-counter.com







delicious when sliced on top of plain oatmeal w/ cinnamon sprinkles. no butter or sugar needed.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna start buying papayas.....they're so healthy!! Thanks Jenna for sharing those results :)

-Chris

Unknown said...

Hey....so what I am leaving a comment about other stuff on your papaya post...

You look great and so tan. Surprisingly I am not that tan even though I am in the sun ALL DAY EVERY DAY...I'm currently working on that and my bad tan lines for the wedding. Miss you...love you.

scotty and crystal said...

wow, good info , i like the table makes it easy to compare