We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Garden Updates

I've been pretty discouraged with our garden... the dogs keep destroying our plants. We still have a good amount plants still growing but our vine garden has been trampled. I see a few zucchini but all the others are destroyed. My mom is coming next saturday to help me build a fence. Then I'll try to replace all thats been trampled.


I learned something NEW!

Potatoes have flowers?!

Purple flowers, I had no idea. Pretty cool.We have an abundance of strawberries. Im in the process of freezing and vacuum sealing them.
The peas!
First few regular peas.
First and only snap pea. So sweet and delicious.
Our beans are working their way up the strings.
So far we've been eating:
spinach
collard greens
swiss chard
cilantro
basil
sage
mint
radishes
beet greens
strawberries

No comments: