We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family Reunion

I FAILED at taking photos at our family reunion. That doesn't mean there weren't photo worthy moments...

I had soo much fun as did Phil. He got to spend some good time with all of his boy cousins; golfing, fishing, brewery tour, ping pong tournaments and unwinding each night at McMenamin's St. Francis School.

I spent a lot of time with Jenn and Bem and the rest of the women and children. I was the only female without a baby...but thats ok I looooooved being able to snuggle a 4wk old, bounce a 4month old, giggle with a 10month old, chase a 2yr old and sing songs with a 3&4yr old.

I did have some alone time with a beautiful run along the Deschuttes. I haven't spent much time in Bend. We usually go to Redmond to see Jim and Bre or go through Bend to visit Sunriver. This was my first time exploring the downtown. I LOVE BEND. So beautiful. I found myself naturally waking up between 6&7 each morning...crazy. It was so nice to walk around and get coffee at Strictly Organic. I vote Ester and Johnny open another Purple Moon in Corvallis as a sit-down Cafe.

Jenn and I did some shopping at Vanilla in Old Mill, MY NEW FAVORITE STORE but too spendy for our budgets. We both laughed at the idea, "how can we be so incredibly happy and so incredibly sad at the exact same time". We were finding one adorble item after another then we'd check the price tag and get depressed. :) We also had some fun girl time getting pedicures but most of our days were spent at Aunt Ruth's house with the kids.

Let me tell you something about Phil's Aunt Ruth. She is the Chef at a Bed&Breakfast and was making the most amazing food!!! Everyday we ate amazing breakfasts and amazing dessert after dinner. I might have gained a few pounds, DARN. My favorite meal was the Lemon Chiffon Blueberry Pancakes with homemade Cinnamon Cream Syrup....TO DIE FOR!

I'll be emailing Aunt Ruth for Recipes of all her yums and I'll make you breakfast.

Of the 36 kids, grandkids and great grandkids of Grandma Dorthy 31 made the reunion. (I didn't count the 2lil' ones still cookin)

1 comment:

scotty and crystal said...

Sounds like an awesome time. We are bummed we couldn't make it. I am really looking forward to Lake Tapps, it will be like a Kelley reunion, sort of! See you soon.
c