We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving, I didn't forget you!

Thanksgiving. Sheesh! Its been a while since I blogged but I can't forget these events because my blog is my scrapbook. My family's usual tradition is to go to my Grandma and Grandpa's house in Eugene. Phil and I don't try to split holiday time, its better for us to do every-other-year.

My Bros. Do we look related?
My two favorite ladies.

My grandma's niece has the CUTEST little girls.
Phil and I spent the night at my Grandma's the night before Thanksgiving so we could help cook and set up. Jay as always worked his tail off to make an awesome Thanksgiving Day.I decided this Thanksgiving I am most Thankful for my Grandma and Grandpa Jay.
My family is a little bit complicated. Long story short I've never met my mom's mom and so my Grandma Kim is the only Grandma I've known and she's never made me feel as if we weren't blood related. Since my Granpa Ken's painful death in 2000, I thought that little hole in my heart would never heal. He is irreplaceable, but I couldn't have imagined a better new husband for my Grandma than Jay. Every year he slaves over an amazing dinner for a family that isn't even techinically his. His ability to make Phil and me feel loved is a blessing. We have really grown to love him and am so thankful for him. Neither Phil nor I have any living grandpas. So Jay, thank you for loving us! You've made the hole in our hearts smaller. We love you Grandpa Jay.

No comments: