We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Food


Last night Phil and I went to Aomatsu to try the new Japanese Shabu-Shabu. Its not totally new but I haven't had a chance to try it. It was delicious and healthy. However compared to our Chinese Hot-Pot experience last spring I vote that the Chinese do it BETTER! Hot-Pot seems to be more focused on flavorful broth for soup as opposed to Shabu-Shabu the broth is bland but there are dipping sauces for meat and veggies.
I am happy to say that we are still eating on the potatoes from our summer harvest. We usually chop em' up and roast em' with other veggies for breakfast. Quick and easy. Our breakfast this morning was purple potatoes, red onion from our garden and tomatoes from our garden. In early October we still had a ton of green tomatoes so we picked them all and they have been ripening in our window sill. ITS ALMOST DECEMBER and we still have tomatoes. I love it!
I've been reevaluating what we will grow again and what we will not. Potatoes are a FOR SURE item in next year's garden.

1 comment:

JW's said...

I want some! Next time you go, give us a ring.