We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My body forgot how to sleep



So its the third night of my newly quired "restless leg syndrome" but actually its my super busy brain. Monday night I couldnt fall asleep until 4ish, Tuesday night I couldnt fall asleep until 3:30ish and tonight it is currently 11:30pm and I took Tylenol PM 2 hours ago. Im hoping drugs will assist my broken internal-clock and I will pass out soon. Why is my brain so busy you ask... DECORATING! I keep think about how I want to decorate our future apt.. oh yeah, Phil and I are starting to look for a new place to live. Jenn is kick'n us to the curb.. Just kidding, Pete did, no just kidding. The real reason is that Emma took her first steps yesterday and she needs more room to grow. We have lived here for 10mos! Our goals have been accomplished and it is time to move on. It has been so much fun living in community! I cant believe how well it worked out. Jenn and I only got into one screaming match and I only punched Pete in the face once, Phil also only swung one punch but that was at Scott not Pete. The best 10mos of my life! We love Pete, Jenn and Emma and it makes me sad when I think about not being able to go out to the living room and talk in Emma's face, walking past Pete and have him scream in my face and best of all laugh with/at Jenn. "You know what Jenn, why dont you just go ahead and do my laundry so I dont have to!"

I applied to an add posted on Craigslist:

"36 Unit Complex needs management couple with minimum of 2 years verifiable apartment administrative & maintenance experience. Applicants should be well organized, possess good customer service and language skills, and be computer literate. Final applicant will need to pass credit and background check, in addition to drug screen. Compensation: 2 Bedroom 1-bath apartment, with utilities paid, plus salary as compensation."

Phil and I are meeting the head guy tomorrow or Friday... I hope we can pass a drug test!
We might be able to save..umm... like a million dollars for our future house. I hope it works out!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys would be the coolest apartment managers! Phil could fix stuff, Jenna can bake goodies for the new tenants, and Jericho can protect everyone.

I'll be praying about that the drug test...also, I wouldn't mention anything about the fire.

Unknown said...

What a great opportunity! I am with Beka though, don't tell them about the fire :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I just wrote an anonymous letter to the apartment complex and told them about the fire...to late!

Anonymous said...

Hey I just wrote an anonymous letter to the apartment complex and told them about the fire...to late!

Anonymous said...

cool jenna! I haven't seen you in FOREVER. Its fun to move into new places!

The Hurts said...

that sounds awesome guys!! I hope it works out, but if not you should come live next door to us.