We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Upgrading Technology

Most of you know I work from home for an online company. We make a lot of calls and we have to have a landline... but that means I can only work from my house and I hated that. I thought I was pretty cool with my Vonage V-Phone. Its a USB device with a headset plugged into it. its 25.95 a month and I can plug it into any computer so that allowed me to visit Ruby for weeks and Angie in Portland. My stupid Vonage freezes up a lot! After a year of using my Vonage I'm totally annoyed with it.....but I refuse to get a landline.

Since the last time I researched Skype, they have added some new options (new to me, I'm slow with technology) Before, skype allowed you to make calls from your computer at a very low rate. I make a TON of calls for work so a per minute charge didn't work and people need to call me back so Skype was never an option to me. NOW SKYPE OFFERS an unlimited calling plan for the US @ 2.95/mo! and I can "buy" a phone number so my customers can call me back for $30/year!

Hello! I just saved my company about $300/yr! I'm really excited about my new skype phone.

I'm waiting for corvallis to get totally hooked up to WI-FI, Skype has a wireless phone that operates off of WI-FI. Man, I'm so done paying over a $100/mo for a verizon cell phone...so DONE!But it says its only available in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Sweden and the UK. Come on! USA get with it seriously!

The End

No comments: