We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The End Of Our Vacation


Wednesday, 5th day.. after our dinner at the Crazy Lobster I woke up with crazy food posioning at 4am. We had to catch our boat at 6am to go Marlin fishing... i was in trouble. I figured it would better to be miserable with people than be miserable in our room and I couldnt stand the thought of wasting our nonrefundable trip. It turned out only 5 out of 10 people made the trip. (some of our las vegas friends were too tired and Jeff and whit were also sick)


this is phil battling his first marlin! he was sweating through his shirt..




I caught the biggest marlin on the trip. I spent most of the time sleeping and throwing up but when it came my turn to reel in a fish I was ready!
Raul, our deck hand. He was busy, grumpy and big. That night we went home and I got a horrible fever and chills, i thought I was dying. I probably wont eat lobster for the rest of my life.
Thursday: we spent lots of time lounging by the pool or ocean. Because of the sickness we decided to get couples massages. Very nice and romantic.
That night we went for a nice normal walk, got icecream and called it an early night. I got to eat top ramen and watch movies.Friday we spent some time at the other resort on our property. There was a boat/bar in the middle of the pool, it was fun.This was our fancy night out. We ate at a beautiful resturant on the beach. Phil ordered a spanish coffee and it might have been one of the coolest things I have seen. Lots of fire and potential death.


Friday before the rain came!! Our last day before it was time to pack up and come home.



I guess we are in love or something..

Our resort had a little bit of private beach that was separated from the public beach by a rope. Venders were always lined up on the other side of the rope, it was usually funny. Phil and Jeff loved to offer them ridiculous prices on things.I think I reached the max on uploading pictures... it wont let me do anymore. So it started raining after I took this last picture but it was our last day and I didnt want to just sit in our room so we took a taxi to the nearest mall and hung out in an arcade... it was fun and funny. They had some weird games and a really weird version of Dance Dance Revolution that made you step in the 4 corners instead of side to side and front and back. It was awkward and hard. That night phil and I rented more movies and all I wanted to eat was mac & cheese. I missed all the nasty american food. Saturday the sun came back out and we were sad to go. I layed out one last time and said goodbye to beautiful Cabo. We had a very important Beaver game to get home to.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about the conception, so you are expecting late august early september? congrats!

Unknown said...

Fun trip...

B.S. and Mrs. S said...

Sorry you got sick!!! What a bummer! I remember going deep sea fishing was probably like THE WORST sickness I ever felt! YUCK!

Glad your trip was so fun! We should have a Mexican Fiesta!!!!!! We'll make margharitas, yummy food, funnnn!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a really nice "FREE" trip phil