We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halfway Done!


I am finally LOVING pregnancy. I'm 20weeks today and I feel almost 100% normal. I'm celebrating the fact that I haven't had my head in a toilet for over a month! I have a ton of energy and so does our baby girl, I feel her kick all the time now. I started feeling flutters at 16weeks and the last 2weeks she has been kicking somewhat on schedule. Phil got to feel her for the first time last night during her "evening session". So special.

Sleeping is starting to get interesting. I'm already having trouble getting comfortable and waking up twice a night to use the bathroom, (I think this is too much for only 20weeks). Phil doesn't seem to have a problem sleeping through my tossing and turning. I really want to upgrade our queen to a king and get one of those giant maternity pillows.

I bought my first maternity dress, I still fit in most of my clothes but it was fun to go shopping. Strangers are finally asking me if I'm pregnant. I'm also noticing people being nicer to me... I can live with this! At first I was embarrassed and a little prideful, "I don't need help!" but now its kinda fun and actually starting to be necessary.

I've had the "pregnant waddle" for a while. My balance is fine I've just had terrible hip pain since 11weeks that causes me to limp. I'm glad I finally have a belly to go with the waddle, before I just looked stupid. My hips wont allow me to run anymore, I wasn't the best runner anway, but I try to make it to the gym at least 3times a week for zumba or the elliptical. Im trying to workout as much as I can while I can... a friend who is a few weeks ahead of me has warned me the third trimester is slightly miserable.

I've got lots of little nursery projects and lots of good reading to do. Darling Miss Charlotte mailed me some great books:

1.Real Food
For Mother and Baby
I remember Ruby reading the book Real Food when we were roommates, she taught me a lot of great things about the benefits of eating REAL FOOD, now the same author has more insight on "eating for two" and "baby's first foods".

2.Ina May's Guide To Childbirth
I've been fortunate enough to witness 3 natural childbirths and I hope to deliver our sweet girl INTERVENTION FREE! Obviously I am keeping an open mind. I've had friends who have been lucky enough to not need intervention and have had those that had no choice. I'm not going to freak out if I can't have a natural birth but its my goal. The same day I got Ina May's book I saw her on tv. Phil and I watched the documentary called, The Business of Being Born. I can see how this film might scare some people but I felt very encouraged at the end.


Phil is working a LOT. He worked 76 hours last week. I miss my guy and I spend a lot of time alone but for some reason I'm not completely freaking out. I have always been an extrovert and needed people around me constantly but lately I've been content working on my projects and resting. When I get antsy I remind myself that in February when I am no longer able to sleep when I want I'll miss these "boring days alone". Other than my nursery projects reading and working out I've also decided to start baking bread...TODAY. Beka emailed me a great recipe so I'm going to try it out for dinner. I've never liked baking because I dont follow recipes. wish me luck!

No comments: