We're On Island Time!

We're On Island Time!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Phew...

I've been in Lebanon for the last week house sitting for my Uncle and I have had a CRAZY craving for American Dream Pizza. The main reason I want is obviously because it is soooooooo good. The 2nd reason is because I can't have it, its too far away. I know there will be lots of good, maybe even better pizza places in Portland but there is nothing quite like the flavors of home. I just remembered there is a Portland American Dream and I looked up the address and it will actually be closer to my Portland apartment (1.4mi) than Corvallis Dream was to my house(4.5mi)!
Turns out the original American Dream Pizza opened in NE Portland in 1985. Cool fact everyone!

3 comments:

The Drakes said...

i pass a bus stop bench on the way to my sister's that advertises that one. it says "dream angel, do you deliver?" for some reason it amuses me. i'm so excited to hear about all the things you will be doing in your neighborhood this summer! -- j

Unknown said...

It's one block up from my Aunt's house. We used to get take out there all the time when I was little.

Pamela Joy said...

I remember also discovering that when i lived in Portland and being super excited. I also liked Pizzacato a lot - if my memory serves me correctly.